Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today was Bakarly Run's birthday and she got what she really wanted...A HOME!! Jennifer has been coming out and meeting and playing with dogs. First she met Merlin and the rest of the gang at Tripps. Then she came here and met Gold and Ducky. Of course she saw Run too but my heart was being torn with worry about Tigger and after all these months I had started to think of Run as mine. Based on the first visit I told her I didn't think Run was a match. The first visit Run didn't really interact with the kids...but by the third visit Run was enjoying the kids and Jennifer had proven herself as a good greyhound home. The final straw was the morning of the last visit as I was saying good morning to my greyhound girls Iris and Tava. I held their faces together in my hands and knew for the first time Run wasn't mine. I felt I had my girls...all of them right there. Of course I missed Tigger and I am sure she near. When Jennifer came out I could see the magic happening between them and I did what foster homes are meant to do....I let go. Reports from Jennifer are glowing. Run is settling in and finding all her favorite spots to nest. It is amazing how fast love can be transferred. Seriously I have tended her every need for months the least she could do is miss me a little...sigh dogs... Run and I have a special friendship....she didn't throw my love away but used it as a stepping stone into her new home. Little Run Run is home and I am very happy for her!!

Also on the road to new homes this week were Venture and Hairspray. Tami made the trip south to meet the boys Chili and Venture. She adopted another greyhound, Chuck, over a year ago. She said Chuck is really coming out of his shell and starting to play. Tami decided they were ready for another greyhound and Venture seemed like the match!!! Soon to be home is Hairspary. Dana and Mitch from Bozeman were over this direction this week end and took her home with them where Trish will pick her up and deliver Hairspray to her new owner, who by the way is already talking about a new name for her. I have met Hairspray and I am pretty sure her new name is going to be something like "Get off me!" or "Hey bring that back!" She is the cutest little imp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment