Thursday, November 5, 2009

Most all of my days are spent with dogs...and I count myself lucky for that. Dusk and I did go out and help look for the sheltie. Dusk seemed to indicate which general direction the dog had went but of course with a trail so old and walked on he never really had a chance to find any recent scent he could follow. Still he did help eliminate some areas....like a big wood pile and a couple of culverts which the owner was fretting about. Aim the golden girl is getting ready for an obedience trial in Seattle in a little over a week. She is doing really well and I am filled with hope that she will be able to get that last leg for her title. Over the weekend the weight pull went well and me and my pack earned a couple of titles. One of my Aussie rescues who was adopted by my close friend, Sally, earned his weight pull championship. It was fun to see them accomplish this goal. I also have been working with a handful of private students and currently have a couple of dogs I am working with who are having big behavior problems. One of them is a young Vizsla whose fear has gotten away from him and he is acting aggressive on lead. I worked with him about an hour in the paddock with the greyhound girls in the adjoining paddock. At first he was hysterical at the very sight of them. Once he started to catch on to what I expected, it wasn't long until I was able to bring Tava into the paddock with him. I chose her because I knew she would stick to me like glue and I also knew she would not react to this idiot pup. The Vizsla's owner was amazed her dog was settling. Again we see another dog who was going nuts without a leader. Before he left we had worked about 90 minutes and he was loose in the paddock with all 3 of my greyhound girls. I was so proud of my girls that they helped the pup's break through moment happen. In addition to the private classes I have 5 group classes going on at my place. Honestly it has been a little crazy...but winter is coming and it will wind down.

No comments:

Post a Comment