Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tonight was spent doing a non dog thing...weird. I went to a junk auction. I went last week too and because it was a full house I ended up sitting on a pallet of Versace carpets. I shutter to think what my seat was worth in dollars but I can tell you they were really warm and comfy. We left before the rugs sold last week but one rug from the huge stack was back tonight and it sold for $1500. Last week was the bankruptcy sale of the Moss Mansion on Flathead lake. It always strikes me as sad when old mansions lose their contents. I bid on a Springer Spaniel bronze but chickened out as the price soared. Had the bronze been a greyhound I would stayed strong. I fell in love with a huge armoire. I mean huge!! It was probably 12 feet long and 5 feet tall. It was absolutely beautiful. It sold last week but was resold tonight. Darrin was sure it was because no one could move the beast. I rolled my eyes and told him I was certain it was exactly what I needed. The bidding started and I started raising my card. Each time I bid Darrin let out a pitiful groan. In a weak moment I stopped bidding and it was gone. SIGH!! I had to walk by it as we left and was kicking myself, meanwhile Darrin was smug at the hard work he saved himself. I did come home with some spode china. My idea was to resell it on ebay BUT I really like blue and white dishes so I think they will stay. On the up side the plates are small, don't eat or poop and never need a doctor.
-
One of my good friends visited this past weekend. I love visits from my dog friends!! She showed up with her pack of pups and we spent a couple evenings in the training room. With the wood stove bleching out heat we really got down to running our dogs through their paces. It was fun to get the dust knocked off my old brain and get back in to training mode. Time to set some goals for the upcoming year. Ingrid also took a some of great shots of a couple of my pups. Here is my baby boy Brink...who really isn't much of a baby as he heads towards his 3rd birthday. She really captured his sweet silly hippy way...oh and his fantastic ears!!

Brink - 1-2010

Photo by Ingrid Rosenquist - Psycht Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment