Friday, July 2, 2010

The pups are a week old now and all seem to be thriving. I am excited for them to start opening their eyes in the next week or so. I can hardly wait for them to start moving around more and getting to see who they are. Right now they are just puppy potatoes. This week end we will get some more pictures of them.

The dog show in Missoula was Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I had my girl Pixie entered in obedience. My duties were divided between showing Pixie and doing time as co-obedience chairperson. "Doing time" an accurate term. It is fun but it is a lot of running around and babysitting. I entered Pixie with some reservations as she is not as ready as I would like for her to be. But I kept telling myself you can't swim if you aren't in the water!! Sunday Darrin came to the show to wish us well. Pixie was distracted during warm up but then got progressively better as we worked in the ring. We ended up with a decent score of 193 (out of 200) and a second place. Monday she kept cutting in front of me and doing a lovely free stack unfortunately that wasn't what was required. We still managed to pull of a second place and a OK score. The last day she did better and we got that last leg to finish up our CD title. The days at the show were really long and I am behind in every way here at home. With company coming for the Fourth of July it will be a busy weekend. I think I will suggest we all go to a movie so I can sleep through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment