Saturday, June 30, 2007

By the light of a full Montana summer moon the new hounds are tucked in and sleeping soundly. With full bellies they are clean and free from fleas (and ticks). Now they are ready to start their new lives. Many thanks to those to came out to help walk and bathe the new kids. Those walks are almost as important as the bath as it relaxes them and gives them a chance to be outside and on solid ground. Thanks to Lynn, Pam, Irene, Amber, Lia, Candi, Vicki and Judy. Big THANKS to Darrin my great husband who worked hours getting the greyhound receiving area cleaned up and ready for them...without him I could not help any hounds.

After the work party headed out Judy and I took the new greyhound gang out for paddock time. They were too tired to run much but they did get to "clean" out and move around. Later we stood in the kennel and watched the 6 new hounds eat dinner. There is something so satisfying about watching the new guys eating dinner and then dozing off to sleep. It is kind of cool to think that a 10 year old dog like Sparcone who has probably lived with fleas his whole life may never see another flea.

Other news....I showed 3 of my dogs in Missoula at the big 3 day AKC show. We did very well. My gang and I earned several placement ribbons and got a qualifying score every time we hit the ring. To celebrate I had their picture taken by the studio that was at the show. Here are 3 of my beautiful and smart Aussie kids.


Dusk, Tabu and Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment