Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tonight feels like winter....it is wet and cold. I am not looking forward to the upcoming months of cold. Today Bruree arrived in town!!!! He was transported by a woman who has greyhounds. She had attended the recent Dewey Beach reunion and happened to offer transport for one dog west. We were the lucky ones chosen. Big thanks to Linda who brought him to Missoula. Bruree is the son of Glengar Eileen (now Allie of Great Falls) and the Brother to Crystal Arklow (now Judy and Brent's Arlo). He certainly seems to live up to his heritage. He is happy and friendly as they come. I will try to get some pictures of him tomorrow.

My greyhound girl, Tigger, will turn 15 next spring. She has developed a new trick that is making us all nuts. When ever she needs something she simply stands up and barks until her little minions come running to wait on her. The scene goes something like this....
Tigger barks a couple of times....I go make sure she is OK then go back to whatever I am doing.
Tigger barks more....I ignore her but Darrin goes to check on her.
Tigger barks more Darrin tells her to be quiet.
Tigger barks more...I go see if another dog has her bed and tell her to go lay down.
Tigger barks more I make sure she isn't too hot or cold.
Tigger barks more...Darrin starts barking (yelling) at me to make her stop.
Tigger barks more....I check her bed again is it fluffy enough and empty.
Tigger barks more I check her water.
Tigger barks more and Darrin barks more.
Tigger barks more...is she hungry or just messing with us?
It has taken us a couple of weeks to catch on to her game. I feel like a bully when I tell her to "PLEASE SHUT UP!!" She has a sweet expectant face.
Tigger just blinks her big eyes at me and barks more.
Tonight I was complaining to Judy about the barking in jest I said "Well she is just too bony to spank". Judy's answer wasn't an answer at all....she said "Isn't it nice that she feels so loved and comfortable to bark after all these years?" SIGH....I better go the princess is barking at me...and I thought I was in charge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds just like our sweet Twila the last few months of her life! (not trying to scare you, promise!) In the evening it was like clock work. She'd start whinning...leading into a series of barks. We thought she was hungry so we'd give her treats. She really wouldn't settle until I came to bed:) It really started to ware on us a bit, not really knowing what she wanted (if only they could human talk, lol!) I actually miss it now, so enjoy it while you can, ha:) Dana

    ReplyDelete