Thursday, February 7, 2008

Guess what we got today? That's right boys and girls we got more snow. Snow even brought it's muscled friend WIND. I don't mean a refreshing breeze. I am talking about the kind of wind that sucks the air out of your lungs and makes you think about tying a rope to yourself before you venture outside. On the news was mention of all the loose dogs in Cour'd Alene due to blown over fences, snow piled up next to the fences and dogs who are generally freaked. Add to the mix cars who can barely see and can't stop and you have a real disaster. My horses kept running like wild things so I fed them in the shed and turned the light on in hopes that they will not venture into the dark. It sounds goofy but it actually works pretty good. For the dogs even though they have a covered area to potty, I turn on the light and visually check the fence before I open the door. As a added precaution I have double checked that everyone has a legible tag on their collars and are indeed wearing collars. If I lived in a spot were I could not see the fence that enclosed the yard I dang sure would take my dog out on lead. It is cheap insurance. Be careful out there!!! If it is stormy at your house double check every thing....fences, gates, doors, and of course water buckets.

1 comment:

  1. Joni and friends,

    Hey there, it's the long lost Jan in Helena here. I have a greyhound question: any of you ever deal with a hound who keeps tearing the webbing between toes? Our DeeDee (Dima) seems to do this semi-regularly of late, and I'm wondering why, what I can do to prevent it, what I can do to help it heal (other than ointment I have for wounds), etc. Anyone with any experience with this??

    -- jan

    ReplyDelete