Saturday, February 9, 2008


A Tribute to Lisa

from her auntie Trish

With sorrow I will relay for the Larsen family the passing of Lisa. Tom and Paula's beautiful little brindle girl - sister to Adolph and Kahuna.

Two years ago Becky Conner and myself transported 8 greyhounds from "Almost Home for Hounds" (Dr. Heather Weir) from Colorado. Lisa, a senior girl, was selected by GPA and transported to Joni's Kennel for fostering until her family was found. On our trip back to Montana Becky and I were ever vigilant watching our eight in our rented van. I will never forget looking back over my seat and making eye contact with Lisa. Our eyes held and I said a simple prayer " Lord let me be the one to find her home."

In the mean time Paula and Tom were ready to add another to their greyhound family. I suggested that Eli might be a good match. Paula said "no, I want a senior girl". I immediately thought of Lisa. It so happened that Joni was coming to Billings on a horse rescuing mission and Lisa was loaded -traveled and welcomed into her forever home with the Larsen family. The best of homes with yoodles of love and acceptance. Lisa flourish with all the opportunities and care given to her.

Yesterday with the understanding that medically nothing more could be done, the family made the decision to let her go. A decision, as many of you know, is made out of love. May this family be in our thoughts with understanding of their grief! Run free - Lisa - Run free - You ran for the roses and won

trish

No comments:

Post a Comment