Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yesterday Juan headed home. Vicki came out here to pick him up and transport him to his new home. She was accompanied by Mama Ducky. It was fun to see Ducky again she is such a sweet girl!! About the time Vicki was heading out Judy showed up with her gang and we ended up going garage saleing, out to lunch and of course to Quality Supply the farm store. I don't know why, but we always seem to end up there.
.
We only have Jack available for adopt in foster care with a few more hounds headed to Montana. It is funny how the dog you think will head into a home first is sometimes the one who is left behind. Jack is really a great dog. He is handsome, fun spirited and will settle once he is in a home. Having met Jack a few times I can assure you he is top notch!! I am suspecting that there will be some greyhound displaced from their farms by Hurricane Ike. Please consider opening your home to a foster greyhound. Fostering can be a few days or a few months. It is very rewarding and if you are thinking of adding to your family it is a great way to get a chance to check out how a new hound will work into your life! Despite Carol's cajoling I have resisted getting on line and shopping for a foster dog. But I am weak and I am sure I won't be able to resist much longer.
.
The weather is perfect. I have been busily rotating dogs in and out of the paddocks giving everyone some time in the sun. The wading pools have been freshened and I am busy filling holes. Greyhound love to dig a nice bed to curl into, my Iris is one of the worst...she claims she doesn't "DIG" like some ordinary dog she "NESTS". I wish the dainty little nester would stop it!! She is a little dog for Pete's sake!! Why does she need a "nest" I could trap a rhino in? Seriously her nests are a hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment