Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tonight is the Presidential debate. While I really encourage you all to watch the debate. I will watch as much as I can stand which will be about 15 minutes then I will be out playing with my pups. I would like to suggest a political debate format of my own. If it were my world this is what would happen.

The presidential "test" would be as follows.

The first part of the test would consist of both candidates being in a room with 10-15 dogs. After an hour or so I want to see who has the dogs near at hand and who the dogs are avoiding.

The second part of the test would be the candidates going into a room alone with about 20 kids ranging in age from 2-15 years. We would be able to see who is better at negotiation, behavior modification, delegating and organizing.

The third part of the test would be a camera following them after their experiences and seeing what they say after the fact. Would they sprint from the room like it was on fire or would they linger and watch the children or dogs at play? Would they talk about what they would do better next time or only point fingers at their opponent and talk about what the other guy did wrong?

My idea is based on the belief that dogs and kids can tell the difference between the good and bad guys better than any adult or political journalist. This test would clear up all the confusion the debates seem to leave in their wake. As it stands now I might be taking a coin for flipping into the voting booth.

1 comment: