Thursday, July 23, 2009

My mother in-law has a nasty Pomeranian. I only say she is nasty because she barks a lot and bites. In fact she bit my father in-law and the ensueing infection sent him to the hospital. Sassy has more notches in her collar than I can count. She is 10 pounds and 8 of that is teeth! I am one of the few she hasn't nipped. So I think she has earned her nasty title. About a month ago I was asked if I would take the little monster home to groom. Feeling like I needed to do something good for someone in the family I loaded up little Ms Sassy Snapping Turtle and headed home. She was pretty matted and unmentionables were clumped in her bloomers....yuck. I put her up on the grooming table and tried to get a handle on the mats. I have some wonderful spray that helps de-mat but for many of these mats the only answer was scissors. It was slow going since some of the mats were right to the skin. Once I had her mostly brushed out I bathed her. After her bath more hair had come loose and again I had matting. In the back of my mind I remember my mother in-law saying I could clean up this pup any way I pleased and what pleased me right now was to take that stinky coat off her. After a good 4 hours of grooming I stepped back and beamed at my little project. Not only had I gotten rid of the mats I had done it without getting bitten or nicking Sassy and she looked adorable. About then the door of the kennel swung open and Darrin spouted "HOLY COW!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? SHE LOOKS RIDICULOUS!!" In fact he almost refused to deliver the dog back to his mother. He tried to get me to call his mother and "warn her" but I would not "spoil the surprise"...besides if she never asked me to groom her little dog again I was OK with that. The next morning Darrin dropped off the dog and immediately called me to report that his mom love the little dog's new do. Best of all Sassy liked it and was prancing all around the house like she had just been crowned queen. Come on you think she is cute don't ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment