Tuesday, September 1, 2009

As the summer clips along it seems to be going faster and faster. I can hardly believe that most of the kids are back in school and that the fall dog shows are right around the corner. I have been working my dogs but not nearly enough...still I entered my favorite Labor Day show and am preparing for that. I will attend with 4 of my dogs. 3 Aussies and 1 golden. It will be a lot of running around and showing but it is always nice to go into winter with some of those titles wrapped up and feeling ready to work through the winter to perhaps hit some of the spring shows. I have to decide tomorrow if I am also going to try to enter the Helena shows. I am kind of on the fence about it. It is fun to go but also might be good to sit it out and save some $$. I will work my dogs in the morning and decide then.

I just returned from a few days in Vegas. My hubby and I had a blast and never gambled so much as a dime. We did however catch a bunch of shows, go to a concert and visit the shark reef. Also I should brag that I survived 76 hours without a dog...not a pet, kiss, or even a sighting. Thankfully we were so busy I didn't have much time to pine away for them. The temperature in Vegas was HOT even for Vegas. The official report was 109 degrees two of the days but unofficial reports were as high as 116 degrees. Because of the heat we did make a little more use of taxis but believe me we walked our fair share. My theory is the reason slots are so popular is because it is too HOT and too FAR to go anywhere else.

Seems weird not to have a greyhound foster dog or two around. There is a load coming in Oct. however we are not sure if we will be taking any. If anyone is toying with the idea of adopting this fall the time is now to let us know so we can shop for the right dog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment