Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I really should be in bed. I leave for the show tomorrow and it is always the hardest night of the year to get my buns to bed. Things are mostly ready for me to leave...dogs are clean and everything that is proper to do to them is done...nails clipped, ear and feet hair trimmed, teeth brushed etc. The crates are packed and ready to receive the Hot Cha gang. Now that I have done this a while I have all the crap that is supposed to make my life easier. It used to be me, my dog, a collar and lead, a few treats for him and me and blanket we could share. Now I take many dogs and a whole van full of STUFF. This time for example 12 crates...yes you read right... 12 . I have the nice fabric crates which I can leave set up at the show site, I have the folding wire crates for the motel and then I have the hard sided traveling crates multiply that by four dogs and TA-DA 12 crates!! Each dog of course has their favorite treats so I travel with a cooler full of treats for them...string cheese, jerky, home made liver treats, roasted hot dogs, yogurt drops, salmon, roast beef, turkey, fig newtons, bacon if I take the time to make it in the morning and more store bought treats than I care to confess. Dry kibble, yogurt, canned dog food and supplements to keep their energy up. Each dog needs a leash and collar for relaxing and a show lead and collar, food dish, a bed for each crate and at least 1 bucket each plus 4 extra buckets (so I can leave two at the show site and two at the motel). There is shade cloth to cover the van, fans for the van crates, first aid kit, grooming kit, a couple gallons of water, towels, a fan to use at the motel, handi wipes, shot and show info for each, poop bags and more poop bags...All of this before I even pack anything for myself. Each show is a little different and each dog has different needs. This is the only show I pack 3 crates for each pup...and only because I am spending 3 nights in a motel and can leave things set up at the show grounds. This is a lot of stuff to take even by my standards...but when I am tired it is pretty darn nice to have everything set up. However it is a bit of a circus to orchestrate it all...Barnum and Bailey watch out the Hot Cha gang is about to roll.

I might be able to take a computer with me and if I do I will update as the show goes on...if not I will update when I get home.

1 comment: