Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hurray Christmas is over!! Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. I had a great time making memories with my family and friends. It is just I am ready to get back into a routine, stop cleaning my house and start eating normally again. The constant activity of the holidays make me long for boring days of taking the dogs out for play time without worrying about my to do list. The days when I can lose myself for hours brushing coats, teeth and tending to nails. OK I don't really get to do those things that often but its my green grass on the other side of the fence. A couple of days before Christmas I was called by a shelter and asked if I would take a Aussie pup in as a rescue. Of course when I saw his cute little black tri face on line I said "Of course it will be fun!". Well when the cute little pup hopped out of the truck at Petsmart he turned out to be a Border Collie pup. I asked the shelter person why she thought he was an Aussie, thinking maybe she knew some history on him. She said "Because Border Collies don't come in black tri. Jokes on her, BCs come in all the Aussies colors and more. I like Border Collies and I should be relieved since it lessens the chance I will fall head over logical heels in love with him. The down side is, as some pups do the little rascal expresses his glee any time you look at him by peeing. The kennel right now seems like it always stinks. It smells good for about 10 minutes after I clean it. I am confidant he will out grow this stage but in the meantime I try not to look him unless we are outside. He has been a wonderful playmate for the year old Icelandic pup that is currently here. The two of them are about the same size and activity level so a nice pairing for both. There seems to be much interest from people asking about adopting him. Hopefully he will find a forever home soon, immature bladder and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment