Friday, December 11, 2009

We survived the sub zero weather and are thrilled to be reaching double digits again. The dogs are being able to come out of their owner induced hibernation and are happy to be able to run and play outside a little. Poor pups have been too confined but -20 is too cold to go out and play. On top of that I have a been a bit out of action due to a crummy cold. My interaction with the dogs were things like "please don't touch me, I hurt" and "hurry up I need to get back to bed". I'll make it up to them.

We have You Tube links so you can watch videos of the available dogs. Check them out at http://www.gparockymountain.org/Available.html

Nitro Tiny Tim is settling into his new home. He starts his new life with a new name, Rudy. His new owners at so attentive and want to do everything right. It is fun to once again get caught up in the excitement of a first time greyhound. When we got our very first greyhound years ago I remember sitting on the couch with my husband watching Noah a beautiful fawn greyhound boy. Noah was walking room to room investigating and I remember thinking he was a giant. He really wasn't that big, he moved with the grace of a greyhound and could curl up in the tiniest ball. It didn't take long to learn the biggest thing about Noah was his wonderful heart and the love he gave us. He has been gone many years now and still he colors my world. Dogs are that way...They show up, they take over and then they leave too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment