Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It is hard to tell if Spring is springing or mostly wallowing around with her friend "Winter". We seem to go from almost summer temps to snow in the course of a day. Although spring may be fickle spring things are happening. I can dry towels and sheets out on the line every few days. I never have been convinced that sheets dried outside in the wind are worth the effort. This spring I read some one's blog about how to her that was a true sign of spring...fresh spring wind blown sheets. Inspired by her words I decided to buy some pins and give it a whirl. It has been so wonderful I am getting my PJs out on the line too. The sheets are crisp and smell fantastic. The only draw back is I can not hang sheets on the line that I don't think of that scene in Deloris Clayborne where her employer is yelling from the window "Six pins Delores! Six pins, not five!" Poor Deloris is out there in the cold wind wrestling the sheets onto the line with her cracked and sore hands. Kathy Bates plays Delores and is completely believable. Just once I would like to put sheets on the line and not think of that....forever changed by Stephen King Movie.
-
I also have been driving and have been taking Tilly with me in the cart. Which we both have enjoyed...except that one day when the neighbor dog was charging us and she decided to jump out between the pony and the cart. She quickly learned that was not in her best interest. The stupid neighbor's Lab was running the fence and barking like a maniac. Which caused the neighbor to come barreling out of his house screaming at his dog and trying to catch her so he could beat her. With one hand I controlled the pony who was bouncing around trying to keep an eye on craziness of barking dogs and people. With the other hand I was dragging Tilly back into the cart and knocking my whip out of the cart. Once I got the puppy back in the cart and the pony away from the chaos I dropped a rein which required some yoga like contortions to regain. Just as I was saying "whew crisis averted" the wind came screaming down the down the canyon smacking both me and my pony in the face. Then it started to rain. Having had my fill of "fun" for the day we wheeled around and headed back to the safety of home!

No comments:

Post a Comment