Thursday, June 10, 2010

The sun peeks into my room and before long Tilly bounces on the bed and snuggles with all her might into my neck. Ahhh a perfect start to a perfect....what the hell is that smell? Tilly who is just in from a potty break has stepped in dog crap!! Thankfully it is only on her back feet so not on my neck and face but it is all over the bed (sheets and blankets) and the floor. After accusing me of having no limits with said puppy, my friends will be happy to know I just found my boundary. Tilly is ejected from the bed.

The sheets are washed for about the third time in a week. Muddy paws the cause before but this tops that. Tonight I was racing the rain to get the sheets off the line. Since I washed blankets too it was easier to leave some of the bedding out there while I made the bed. So the process of making the bed with the puppy under foot began. Walking out to the line Tilly is between my feet. I yank the corner of the blowing sheet out of her mouth. Back in the house first I get the puppy off the bed. Then I move the pillows and move the puppy off the bed again. I get my first two corners of the fitted sheet on and move the puppy again. I get the first two corners back on the bed and cast a evil look at poor Tilly and manage to get corners three and four snugged on before I have to get the puppy off the bed. Out to get the top sheet and first blanket. Tilly sits so sweetly while I make the top sheet sail out across the bed. When I look at her to praise her for sitting so politely she is missing. I get the puppy out from under the top sheet. I shake out the top sheet again and get it perfect, it is followed by the blanket. Tilly lands in the middle of the bed while I tuck them in. Her big blue eyes blink at me. Giggling I land in the middle of the bed next to her. Mid-snuggle I notice it has started to rain. Dang it the pillow cases and top blanket are now wet. They can dry on the towel rack in the bathroom before bed time. It may have taken twice as long to make the bed but it only took a few seconds to make a memory.

My aussie girl, Sage, is in a battle with bone cancer a reminder that it is over too soon. I pray for wisdom to help her with this journey. Yesterday she needed a small dose of pain meds for the first time. Cancer is burning up her calories and her smell has changed. I know we are nearing the end. With a broken heart I watch for a sign from her....Above all I will do what is right for Sage. I can not bare for her to be in pain. Let go when you need to but snuggle them while you can...you don't get this time back.

No comments:

Post a Comment