Thursday, May 10, 2007

This has been a week of tight routine. My life has been swept away by the legal system while I serve jury duty. It is my first time serving. I have always been curious about the inner workings of the court. I now have new appreciation for the phrase "curiosity killed the cat". It can be pretty tedious. At the end of the day I feel like I have fuzz on my brain. I have to getting up extra early to put dogs out for a run in the morning. and then get them back out as soon as someone is home. I look forward to being able to get them out longer and spend more time with them. The first dogs to really hate my absence is my Aussies. They start barking and pacing more and generally tell me they are bored and anxious...and I am in a position to totally understand. I feel like I have been locked up all week too.

Talked to the gal from FL last night. She has a 8 year old black boy and a 4 year old black and white female picked out for us. They should arrive the first week of June. Dusk is ready to pack his little bags and head for home tomorrow. Eileen is darling as ever!! I'll miss her smiling face. Cinco the goose is getting big. Still yellow fuzz but lots of bumps where the feathers are coming.

1 comment:

  1. Aha! So that's where you've been hiding yourself :) I tried calling earlier today, but everything at the vets went fine. I'll email you about it tomorrow or this weekend.

    I cannot imagine being cooped up day after day on jury duty--YUCK! Your pups will be expecting a special treat when it's all over :)

    ReplyDelete