Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chipping greyhounds

Billings had a extra event at Greyhound Play today. A vet showed up with a bag full of micro-chips and for a discounted rate chipped any greyhound whose owner wanted the added security of a micro-chip. I typically don't worry about chipping greyhounds since they have ear tattoos but you know many shelters will check for a chip and won't even think to look in the ears. Even if they did know to look in the ears they may not know where to track down the info on the dog. Thanks Trish for putting this together.

Bozeman had a little greyhound excitement of their own. The local paper ran a ad for Heart of the Valley Humane Assn. and it featured a homeless GREYHOUND right here in our back yard. This makes two that showed up at shelters this year!! There was a flurry of emails and phone calls and Bozeman rep Barb hopped in her car and hustled to the shelter. There she met the greyhound AND the family who had come to take her home. A home who already has a retired racer. Of course now we are curious who this mystery family is and we are hoping maybe they want to come play with us.

GREYHOUND PICNIC IS SATURDAY JUNE 14 !!

2 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi joni. i've been reading your blog posts everyday. i love to hear about the greyhounds and see whats been new. Sometime here soon, I'm gonna make my Greyhound jars and put them up around town.

    I heard that Chester was adopted =]. That made me really happy to hear, I'm glad he's in a good home.

    I loved the story about Gold, too. He is HANDSOME!

    Well, I just wanted to check in and say hi and see how things were.

    ReplyDelete