Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The weather has turn to crap. Mixed rain and snow with COLD! So far this day is proving to be the kind of day that is better spent in the safety of one's bed. Last night I went to bed with what felt like pre-flu symptoms. This morning I got up feeling about the same way. So I pulled a sweatshirt over my jammies and shuffled out to the kennel to do turn outs. With my eyes mostly still shut and my head pounding out a drum rhythm, I opened the kennel door. My eyes flew open as my nostrils screamed "What is that SMELL?". This should have been the warning I needed to slither back to bed. Poor Ducky had diarrhea. I don't know what she ate but it must have been A LOT!! My immediate reaction was to get her out of her mess as soon as possible. So I open her door and she came trotting out happy to be out of there. With every jaunty step she tracked poop onto the carpet and floor in clumpy brown paw prints. My stomach heaved...good thing I felt too crummy to eat breakfast. Then Ducky shook and more poop flew off of her. I just stood there in some awful state of shock, eyes glassy and swallowing hard for control. "Don't throw up, don't throw up, don't throw up!" I did have the sense to at least keep my mouth shut which was the only reason I wasn't swearing or getting anything flung into my mouth....that would have been the end of me! Poor Ducky. She seemed to feel fine except the mess. An hour later the dogs were back in their crates after turn outs, Ducky was shivering from her bath but was clean, she had a clean bed and some meds in her tummy. I smell of wet dog and mess but the laundry is going and it is looking like I am going to make it through another fine mess. Just to be sure I am going to soak in a hot tub of scented water and then have ice cream with honey for breakfast. Then it will be back to do another turn out. ....please please let the crates be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment