Friday, May 15, 2009

This has been one of the weirdest weeks. It started off Tuesday when I went with a friend to watch her horse with the trainer. I love to watch other animal trainers and listen to them. I always pick up some new idea that I can mull over. Pam and I had a great time watching her mare get her first ride. In fact I would describe it as thrilling. When I got home Darrin came right out to greet me. I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't happy what I didn't know at that point was I was the reason. Somehow he missed the message that I was going to be off horsing around. When he came home and couldn't find me he panicked. He looked everywhere just sure that any moment he would find me laying broken or dead somewhere. He saw everything in the house as a sign that I was probably abducted. I assured him that the mess in the guest room was not the signs of a struggle and that it ALWAYS looks like that...OK my secret is out. I also pointed out that had anyone abducted me chances are he would have found me sitting by the mailbox. It only would have taken the bad guys a few hundred feet to realize their grave error and dump me. By the time I got home a mere 30 minutes later...let me repeat 30 minutes, he had called no less than a half a dozen people and raised the alarm. He called everyone except Pam of course. He had to call them all back and tell the anti climatic news that I was alive and fine. He caught Judy and Carol as they were getting in their cars to launch a full scale search. A few minutes later Lynn was pounding at my back door wearing her worried mama face. The guilt thinly disguised as relief was thick in the air. Pam and I were slinking pretty low by then. Darrin still wild eyed and mad. Pam, the deserter, was looking to bolt for the door. I was rolling my eyes and shaking my head. My mom was the queen of worry...ironically I married the prince of worry. All his bug eyed looks and the wobbly with worry voice have little effect on me...I gained immunity early...it just annoys me.

Today in what can only be described as some kind of cosmic payback for my unrepentant ways. The whole day was tweaked...I had a window installed between my dog rooms. Despite my clear instructions it was installed too high....I mean really I drew the freaking thing on the wall how did he screw it up. When I checked my mail I still had received no show info for the dog show this weekend I have been gearing up for. After a bunch of calls and several emails I discover much to my dismay that my entry was lost and I am NOT entered...its closed no late entries of any kind. On top of that my travel companion is in bed sick. Looks like I will be staying home....dang it. The dogs are bathed, the van is packed and all for nothing...sigh. I could go and watch my students show...but may as well save my $$ for another time. Later in the same fun day I called to make sure everything is arranged for Sandy to make the trip back from Knabb, UT with Adrienne. Sandy is in Utah now which made me happy BUT Heather did not get the collar I sent for Sandy...dang it...good thing I already bought her a back up collar and tag. So now I am ready to put this day to bed. Hopefully all justice is served and things will be back to normal in the morning. Brings to mind Puck's final words in Mid Summers Night Dream "If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended, that you have but slumber'd here, while these visions did appear. And this weak and idle theme, no more yielding than a dream."

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment