Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today I loaded up Chevy and headed over to Tripps. Candy from Helena had come over and excepted to be taking Nutmeg home. But she also wanted to meet Chevron and of course it was good to see Candy again. After spending time with the dogs it was Stranger that quietly stole Candy's heart. Nutmeg would no doubt be easier. Nutty is really adorable and super friendly. She will meld into most any home. Stranger on the other hand is aloof and can be timid. Candy took both on a walk by them selves. After the walk I noticed Stranger had a different look about her. She was shadowing Candy and softly bumping her hand. I said to Candy...."Stranger seems to know she is with you now." Candy shyly said "Well I asked her if she would like to come home with me and she told me she thought that would be good." I smiled because I know that type of communication isn't just Disney...it happens and it can be very powerful. Chevron also went to Helena for fostering. Candy has a notion that he will be a fit for one of our homes who lost a dog in the recent months. If he isn't a match he will come back this way the first part of next week.

I got a note from Trish yesterday. She said she had put her to do list away and spent time with her dogs instead. I embraced the idea and did the same on Friday. Since the pressure was off and I didn't need to rush about getting off to the show, I relaxed. I watched a whole movie snuggled under a blanket with Katy the whippet. I read, I brushed a dog or two and I napped. It was great!! I encourage all of you to do a day without a to-do list....a list-less day can be a gift to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment