Tuesday, June 16, 2009


A few weeks ago I had the gang all out in the paddocks. Muzzles were on since it was one of the first days Sandy had joined the greyhound girls at playtime. When I brought them in Iris was without her muzzle. So I walked the paddock to pick it up before some dog chewed it up. I found no muzzle. I looked over the fence and saw no muzzle I even walked the paddock next door and no muzzle. It was a puzzle until I realized that her muzzle probably fell into the ditch running outside the paddock and was likely on it's way to the great Pacific Ocean. Oh well of my dogs Iris is least likely to ever have an opinion so no big loss. Last night, after 2-3 weeks the muzzle appeared hanging on the fence between me and my neighbors place. I loved the weird contrast of this lone purple muzzle hanging on this crummy barbwire fence.

A couple other things to report on. One is that Bach was returned to the adoption kennel. It was one of those cases of a really great home and a really great dog who ended up not being a really great match. That happens sometimes...something will look for ideal on paper but not in real life. Not a problem Bach will cool his heels be evaluated and start shopping for the right fit. His family will also be on the look out for the right match for them.

Our little foster boy Parker made headlines today in our little local paper. Read about our unsung hero dog at http://www.ravallirepublic.com/articles/2009/06/16/news/news50.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment