Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It is hard to know where to start to update everyone on the recent events around here. Do I start slow or just jump in? Most recently I was involved with the dog show in Missoula. I had two dogs entered. Charm I showed in Rally where she earned 2 legs towards her rally novice title. Pixie my red merle girl was entered in conformation which is the beauty pageant of the dog world. I relied heavily on my friends to get her ready and show her. One of my friends was traveling through and came by to help me groom and prepare Pixie. A few snips of her $200 scissors and a few stokes with her incredibly expensive fancy brush and Pixie looked amazing. I recruited another friend to actually show Pixie in the ring. Rainy did a excellent job and I had the fun of just sitting ring side watching them. Pixie won her class each day but was passed over for the higher honors.

I am heartbroken to announce the loss of my dear friend and long time companion, Izzy. We struggled with renal failure over the past couple of weeks and June 19th she was given rest. This has been one of the toughest transitions I have ever made...the full impact has not hit me yet as I had lots of distractions which forced me to hold it together. I will write more about her in a few days...for now I will still enjoy denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment