Friday, June 12, 2009

Little Ginny packed her little bags and headed east to the Bozeman area. When she got here, based on her timid ways I thought she would be one of the last of the group to be placed but she was the very first one spoken for. Meanwhile Nutmeg, who I thought would be snapped up as soon as we got her home, is still waiting. You just never can tell. I am also so surprised Mesa who is an absolute show stopper is still waiting and Mel who is so darling and handsome....the Colin Firth of the dog world. But all we really aim for is getting the right dogs in the right home, how ever long that takes.

I am fostering Nitro Post Time (Tosha) and Ready Mix (Mix). Both are such nice dogs. Mix is so handsome and is already starting to blossom. He still hangs back a little but he is coming around. He was sad to see Ginny leave today as she was his little buddy this past week. But he was turned out for paddock time with my girls today so he has probably forgotten all about Ginny by now. Tosha is a love-bug. I bet she wishes she was little so she could fit right in some one's pocket. She loves to be right with you and will be some one's new best friend. She is always the one next to me and licking my fingers or bumping my hand for love. Her breeder called to make sure she made it alright and told me she almost couldn't let go of Tosha when it came time to load her up for the trip west. It is interesting what a difference love makes to a dog. The security and self worth that comes from being cherished really shows. Loved dogs are so much more relaxed, happy and adjust to changes so much better. Maybe love does make the world go around. It most certainly makes a greyhound's world go around....have you hugged your hound? Go give them a cookie....you know they want one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment