Saturday, November 17, 2007

Man what a day....By 7 Pm I finally slowed down enough to clean the little dog nose prints and bath water splatterings off my glasses. The phone rang before 7 A.M. it was Carol telling me the drivers for the haul just called and were leaving Butte. I raced out to do a quick turn out of my crew and the boarding dogs. Then picked up Lynn and headed into Missoula. We arrived just in time to see the first dogs hop out of the trailer but ironically they were not our dogs....oops the driver opened the wrong door. Still the two boys who hopped out and into our arms at least got to stretch their legs and got to water a bush. Then came our dogs. First out was Robbie and Howie. Their leads handed off to eager walkers, the girls came out. I think all three came out at once. Our two lovely black 9 year old retired moms Sweet Cheeks and the long awaited HH Pretty Woman. And of course little darling Connie. After a quick walk everyone was loaded up and we headed to the bath house. By 10:00 everyone was bathed and ready to head for home. Big thanks to those who made the time to come out and scrub dogs. I had planned to load up BOTH black girls but Sweet Cheeks was intercepted by Jennifer, a bather turned eager foster home! Watching them come off the truck and then bathing can be really nurturing and potent bonding time. There are 4 dogs in this load of 5 that are tentatively spoken for...we will see how things pan out.

After we left the bath house we had another appointment... 2 more Italian Greyhounds from Great Falls. A tiny delicate little female and a handsome boy. Both of these will head to our sister GPA group in Idaho. Whew it has been a long dog day and at 10:30 I am ready to head out and do my last turn out and then hit the shower...and of course the old dog is barking at me because she NEEDS something. I think all she needs is to see my little face. For all her years of being quiet and laid back she sure is making up for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment