Tuesday, April 7, 2009


Trish's Birdie

After a early morning visit with Trish she had to head to work. Not before she told me a funny story of a conversation between her and Vicki. They were talking about the incoming dogs and trying to decide if Nutmeg was really named Nutmeg or if her name was Cinnamon. They then decide her name could be Spice. Trish makes a really yummy breakfast loaf with ham and eggs and we feasted on that and went to gather our pups and hit the road. The ride home was uneventful and we were in Get-Home gear. We didn't want to stop for lunch or anything. I programed our GPS which we dubbed Chatty Cathy one last time. Carol said "We don't need her help." But I wanted to watch the miles. It was almost agony as the miles tick away sooo slowly. Judy was first home and Brent was out the door to greet her. We unloaded all the dogs and took a picture of all of us and all of the dogs. Then we sorted the dogs so my two foster dogs were in the back seat with my suitcase. Next stop was at my house. My husband sent me a "Where R U?" text. I answered with a picture of me kissing my aussie girl Izzy. Then Carol headed home where Dan and her son Drew waited to help her unload the hounds. After a few hours we all met up and went to Mexican food.

This morning it was a pleasure to wake in my own little bed and not have to hop in the truck to go anywhere. It was a pleasure to do my own chores and spend time with my own dogs. The sun was warm and I drug out the wading pools for the paddocks. Carol came by for a little bit of stuff swapping..."Here are your dirty clothes" and "Here are your left over snacks" I saw Judy too. I guess we need to wean off our companionship. What a truly great trip. I will get photos posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment