Saturday, April 4, 2009

We made it to Heather's in Nunn, CO last night. It was fun to see the dogs we have claimed for Montana again. As dark fell the weather started to turn. By bedtime we were starting to hear reports that the weather was going to get bad. By morning the wind picked up and we had some snow. We stripped beds and got our bags packed. I came over to surgery to check road conditions on the computer. Heather was shaking her head and saying "I don't know I bet you are snowed in." Sure enough roads were closed or under emergency travel only. I looked out the window and Carol and Judy were starting t load the truck. I went out and broke the news we are staying. We are NOT going to hit the road with a bunch for dogs on bad roads. So we will take advantage of being here by helping with surgery and maybe what ever chores Heather finds for us. I have to admit I am starting to itch to get home but I am grateful that if we had to be stranded we are stranded with a great place to stay and with some of our own kind...greyhounds. I will update as the day wears on.

No comments:

Post a Comment