Monday, April 27, 2009

We adjusted the Open House to Sunday instead of Saturday to accommodate the arrival of Sydney (red retired brood girl). Sydney will arrive sometime on Saturday and hopefully will be rested up enough for everyone to meet on Sunday. Chevron is recovering from his vetting nicely. This past Saturday I had the pleasure of watching a family meet greyhounds and ultimately chose one from the pack as their own. Greta has been spoken for and will make the move to Bozeman within the week. Congrats to her and her new family!!

Little things in life can really bring such pleasure and humor into our daily lives. I was at the grocery the other day eavesdropping like I usually do in public places. I know its rude but honestly I don't see why...it isn't like I am reading some one's journal or anything...however I have to admit at times it is close. What tuned me into the conversation at the next counter was the word dog. The box-girl was telling the checker all about her goal of one day having a place that she could spend her days working with animals. She would fill her home and life with unwanted animals. Horses, cats and of course dogs. She could offer them a second chance and maybe find some of them homes and if not they could just stay with her. If they were sick she would help them get well. If they needed some training she would work with them. If they were unloved she would love them. If they had given up she would give them hope. She was on a roll and made it sound so wonderful and rose colored that it was a bit of a shock when I realized she was describing MY LIFE! I reflect back on how wonderful it all sounds when I am picking up poop, worming the goats or doing my 10th load of dog laundry. It really isn't the fairy tale she described but I don't mind the work as long as the LOVE flows in epic proportions....and when yo are talking about dogs it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment