Saturday, October 24, 2009

Waiting for the dogs to arrive "grandma" Vicki and "auntie" Joni both could hardly wait to see Tiny Tim. Finally the truck arrived and Judy said, "So which one of you will get to walk Tim?" I assured her with a wink that I didn't have to be super fast just faster than Vicki. Finally when the driver was opening the door to the first crate I stood back to make sure it was the boys. I immediately stepped forward and took Tim by the collar, very pleased with myself. The driver was trying to hold the other two dogs in and he said to me "Hand that one off and take this one." I nearly passed out "WHAT?? Hand off Tim?? What??" But I did it and I helped get Xavier unloaded. I turned around expecting to see "grandma" Vicki with the new baby. But it was Dan Tripp who held the long awaited Tim's lead. With a nod from Vicki I swap Dan dogs and headed out to the back of the parking lot to give Tim a much needed nature break. It is hard to pick a favorite among the 3. Rag Doll immediately walked off with Vicki's heart. Rag Doll has these big doe like eyes that look right through you. Her personality seems to be gentle and sweet. I am not a big fan of blue dogs but Xavier is really handsome. He is a nice size and has nice milk chocolate eyes. Tiny Tim is a medium size boy in rich dark brindle. His personality seems to be curious and outgoing. I think he would be a fantastic family dog. When I got Tim home he had a touch of diarrhea no doubt from travel stress. After giving him a little medicine, I put him out with the girls for much of the afternoon. I will cat test him tomorrow. I will get pictures after the week end.

No comments:

Post a Comment