Friday, August 17, 2007

Five is a a new foster home who will continue to nurture her and help her blossom. She has been a rewarding dog to foster. When she came here we weren't even sure who she was. We discovered her race name was Magic Whim. When she got here she was very ratty looking with her Brillo pad coat coming out in clumps. She was covered in sores and her skin was flaky....I am not talking about a little bit flaky I am talking about flakes the size of your thumb nail and sores the size of quarters. She had a major worm load of which I will spare you the details. It took three wormings, supplements and 3+ feeding a day to get her to start gaining. Now one of our favorite foster homes will finish the process and we will see if they are brave enough to let go of her. Speaking of foster home failures.... Arklow is now officially called Arlow SCHLAPPY. Brent and Judy only lasted a couple of weeks as a foster home. Big Congrats to Arlow

Wednesday I went to Polson. Sherri met me and I picked up Angel. She will now be fostered with Tripps. I was very anxious to get to Polson....good thing we went when we did as a fire up that way has had HWY 93 north closed much of the day today. What was in Polson I needed so badly? Check him out....An Aussie puppy who was a stray and now is calling Hot Cha home. His name is Brink, he is about 5 months old and the best pup ever. I know it is a little insane to bring a pup home when I am in a cast....but I will be freed next Tuesday and then can start to maybe walk a little. Besides you can't put every thing on hold because you are benched....play the game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment