Sunday, December 2, 2007

It has been a couple of crazy weeks around here. Now the boarding dogs who were here for the Thanksgiving holiday are back home and finally the dog laundry and dog dishes are back on the shelf clean and waiting for the next rush which will happen in a week or so. Good news on the foster front. Robbie is staying with Tripps FOREVER!!! I think Carol knew when she saw him on line that he was family. Connie has been officially adopted by the same Billings family who adopted her sister earlier this fall. Ami has been claimed by her foster family. I don't know how he kept the secret but foster dad surprised foster mom with the adoption papers on her birthday. Last Friday the little IG boy, Racer left to be fostered with Hartes. They sent me a picture of their big red greyhound boy Eli laying and being used as a pillow by Racer. The two seem to have become instant buddies. Yesterday Trish from Billings met Sweet Cheeks. Trish waffled just slightly and said she was only fostering but that did not last long... Sweet Cheeks blinked her big soft eyes and Trish was reaching for the adoption papers. Howie made the trip to meet a new foster home...ha ha ha right I saw the picture on the web site looks like love to me. Rain (HH Pretty Woman) has a fresh name for her fresh start. She will go home tomorrow. So now in foster care here is only Run. Poor little Run Run...I am sure a non cat home will turn up soon. In the mean time I enjoy her little busy ways. We got a great update on Kissy who is doing wonderful. I will post it tomorrow.

I did have a really cool thing happen which is non-dog related. I was headed out to the kennel when I noticed a magpie harassing something on the ground under one of our pine trees. I went over to investigate and saw a small owl...I mean tiny. I didn't look too close but it looked like it might be hurt so I hustled out to the kennel to grab a small crate and a towel in case rescue was needed. When I got back the owl was gone but I spotted him in a nearby tree. What I mistakenly thought was a injury was a small bird....or as the owl called it dinner. I snapped this picture with my trusty phone. He is clutching the small bird in front of him. Judy's bird books and my on line search makes us think he was a Northern Pygmy Owl. He was tiny...not much bigger than the sparrow he is holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment