Saturday, March 10, 2007

SIGH...on a normal day I really like fostering greyhounds....this is not one of those days. Baghira is having a hard time transitioning from family life back to kennel life. She is a super sweet dog who has lived with small critters, kids and other dogs. She likes everyone and like to snuggle. She misses the amount of time she spent with the family in her home. HOPEFULLY there is a foster home or a forever home for her SOON!!!!

When one dog starts to stress it heightens the stress on everyone...including me!! I crated Bahira while I worked filling in the hole Baghira had dug under the fence. That took more than an hour. It was a huge hole that required cinder blocks (yes blockS) and several trips to the dirt pile with the wheel barrow. Of course in all fairness Baghira had help digging. Once a hole starts it lures other dogs who may be tempted to join in. Meanwhile Bahira is resting sweetly in her crate...or so I thought!!! Turns out she was stressing out in the crate. She started digging and chewing at the crate. When I went in to let her out I noted a little blood. Further investigation revealed that she has destroyed my crate. She broke the area near the door. Little SHIT!!! The crate will need to be replaced pronto. Now that I have duct taped the crate to some degree I need to get back out there and see if she is okay. I do feel bad for her....poor kid. Baghira is so sweet I hate to see her unhappy. Put your feelers out for a foster home for her. First one to find a solid foster home I will make a coat for your greyhound!! I am desperate for Baghira to be happy again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment