Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Whew, Baghira is doing much better. I made some changes and making an effort to spend more time with her....just staring into her eyes. Now if I can stare into her eyes and not fall head over heels in love with her, I should earn a medal. Despite Baghira having a hard time I do not consider her a difficult dog at all. In fact I think it is her undemanding behavior that made her problems easy to let slide. Another lesson learned courtesy of the dogs. The squeaky wheel is not always the wheel with the greatest need. Poor kid misses life as a pampered princess.

I haven't forgotten about posting some birthday party pictures. Just haven't taken a moment to scan them in. But to report on the party...What a BLAST!!! There were about a dozen people. It was kind of interesting because most of the obedience folks only knew Izzy and the greyhound folks mainly only knew Tigger. It was split almost equally greyhounds and aussies with a couple of goldens and a sheltie thrown in for good measure. It was fun to get both groups together. First thing we did was get pictures of every dog that attended. Then we ate lunch. With almost 20 dogs milling around I figured we may have to guard our food but that was not the case. They all waited, more or less. I did notice Tigger working the crowd. She would walk up to someone eating and do her moon eyes. The poor unsuspecting person would obediently break off a nibble of whatever they were eating and surrender it to the birthday girl. It was one of the only parties I have been to that you could openly share your lunch with your dog...in fact it was expected. As lunch wound down Judy's remarkable liver cake and ice cream cups made the scene. There were happy dogs gobbling cake and slurping ice cream all around the room. Even the sheltie who is a delicate grazer turned into a hoover. There were loot bags of treats and toys for each dog to take home with them. After the party my girls passed out for several hours. Happy, cherished and filled with good food.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Can you please send me your email address? I've been trying to send an email to Judy regarding Baghira, but it keeps coming back as undeliverable. I'd like to talk to you about maybe adopting her. thank you and hope to hear from you...Lindy Wright
    prairieelkstudio@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete