Saturday, December 9, 2006


The greys all got to play outside this afternoon. The sun was out and it was really wonderful. I turned the three girls into one paddock all muzzled and blanketed. Waldo and Roman the Afghan were in the paddock nextdoor. When I returned from getting my camera all three girls had somehow shed their muzzles. So my first chore was to go find all the muzzles. They were flung everywhere, a red one here, a pink one there. I don't know who the culprit is....it couldn't be a coincidence that they all wiggled out of their muzzles within 5 minutes.

This eve Brent and Judy brought me a load of GPA food and some pig rolls for treats. We should be stocked until after Christmas....which is a blessing based on the anthill Costco has become this season. They also got a visit with the foster crew and helped me feed everyone.

Goss is starting to relax. When Goss returned I saw a behavior in her I have never seen from her. When I approached her to direct her to the outside door she cringed and peed. I was stunned. Goss has never been a in your face kind of dog but she was never a shrinking violet either. It was clear she was very nervous. I ignored the behavior but took the pressure off to let her work it out. Yesterday I used an even softer approach and still she responded by crouching and peeing. I again ignored the peeing and gently took her collar and directed her to the door. I also made sure she had as much exercise as I could give her. Often exercise will help a dog work through whatever behaviors have cropped up. This morning I got a tentative tail wag from Goss, which I welcomed with smiles and pats. By this afternoon she was racing around and wagging her tail freely. In the kennel she is learning which crate is hers and is happy to have a routine. I am not sure why this sweet girl was so insecure. Hopefully with a little time and TLC she will quickly return to her usual self. I was glad to see her greet Judy and Brent with tail wags.

Waldo has discovered his mouth but has not learned to control it yet. Everything goes into that mouth. Your hands, other dogs ears, sticks, toys, whatever is handy. The past couple of days he has received several corrections from both his playmates and me. It is hard for him to know his strength but he is learning to back off. Big goofy pup, he is so cute it is hard to stay mad at the big doofus!! He really would benefit from someone with some time to spend with him. Waldo is desperately seeking a foster home.

I got some pictures today which I will post some of tomorrow. For now it is time for me to head out and do the last turn out and tuck everyone into bed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I would be a lousy foster mommy.... I want'em ALL!

    Bless your heart for being there for these pups, Joni ((hug))

    ReplyDelete