Monday, December 18, 2006

Well Lance and Birdie are spending their first night at new addresses. Carol, Judy and I met Trish and Prudy at Three Forks. The roads were clear and the day was sunny although there was a finger freezing wind. We arrived just slightly ahead of schedule so had the time to walk the dogs a bit. Trish pulled up and bailed out of the car almost before it stopped rolling. She was instantly hugging Birdie and kissing her....then she looked up and greeted the people. HMMMM I am not sure this "FOSTER" dog even left the parking lot a foster dog...I suspect if things go well at home with the "foster" brothers that Birdie will sink her roots into Trish's home.

I was glad to see that Lance was really calm and perfectly happy to go with Prudy. He seemed to realize that it was time for him to go. Lance and I rode over together in the back seat which was nice. I realized that today Lance would react the way I reacted. If I got emotional he would worry. So I really focused on what a good thing this was going to be for him. I had a lump only for a second when we got into separate cars and parted ways. This was the goal all along. To get him to a place where he could be ready both physically and mentally for a home. Now we wait to see how he and Prudy do together. I really hope that they have many happy years ahead. Time will tell. I am anxious for the first updates.

1 comment:

  1. If Lance could talk people talk, this is what he might very well have said as he went to his new mom:
    "thank you gpa for my rescue. Joni, thank you for the past 14 months. You took me in when I was at my lowest. You fed me, gave me shelter and, most of all, you loved me. You gave me the time I needed to become whole, again. My unfortunate past is but a fleeting memory, now. My GREYT big heart will hold you forever.......Your boy, Lance
    P.S. Ya gotta admit..I'm one GREYT hound dude.

    ReplyDelete