Tuesday, December 26, 2006


Here is a update on Birdie who went to her home about a week ago. It's offical...Birdie is being adopted by Trish.


I have been gifted & blessed with the most precious gift I could have ever asked for!
Her name is Greys Free Bird - and I call her Birdie.

A week ago Birdie was in transport on the "Bear Creek Express" with Lance to Billings. Lance was headed to his forever Home with Prudence and Birdie was designated to come to my home as a Foster. There were many of you that had faith in me and wished me luck in my endeavor to not fail Birdie as a Foster. There were bets taken, snickers and whispers from many of you. The cruelest remark being: "don't worry, she won't get out of the parking lot without Trish claiming her".

Well that was the truth and that's exactly what happened.

I spotted Birdie's picture on our Web site the day it was posted. Each day I watched to see if someone was going to claim her. There was something about her face - her little overbite and buck teeth, her age and her history! I couldn't shake the desire to find out more about her. I asked Joni for a personality profile (Joni is a professional and knows these dogs - I have only known her to lie once and that was when she told me Tina was a biter and bit her!!!! That's another story.) Joni reported that she doubted there would be any problems with Birdie coming into my Home with 3 mature GH boys.

I knew I was going to fail when Joni asked me what color of collar I would like for Birdie. I said "Pink would be nice". I knew I was in trouble by multiple phone calls to Joni during the week to find out what my girl was doing. All the signs were there - I was starting to fall in love!


When I first meet Birdie I thought this girl needs a soft bed, a quiet Home and leisure walks with Chester my 12 yr. old. - after all she is 9 yrs old! Found out I was the one in need of a soft bed - Birdie has the heart & spunk of a 4 yr old! She is confident, self assured, knows what she wants, knows how to get it, funny, comical, active (just like Joni said) and gets along well with her brothers.
I complained to Judy that she was way too easy! So easy that I can't help but think this was meant to be - all so right and that she has been waiting for me and I for her!

I have been asked how the Boys are adjusting to her in our pack. Chester is all accepting - he is at the age of contentment knowing life is secure and good no matter what happens. Tate watched her every move for a couple of days. Birdie laid down on his bed with him one night and Tate's eyes got big and looked at her, looked at me, then looked at her and again at me - then settled back for his nap with a sigh...."it's cool". Tate has never worried that another could knock him off his pedestal. Sail was the one that showed some anxiety - he kept claiming me as his own with his head in my lap. Finally dawned on him that there is enough of me to go around and hasn't been as clingy (Hint: Sail is a 90 lb mama's boy). Birdie and Sail now sleep together.

During this week Birdie and I have been baking in the kitchen - doing some sewing - wrapping presents and getting ready for Christmas.
Just girlie stuff!

It's quiet upstairs as I write this - I think I better go check on them - perhaps I'll just watch them sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Had no doubt that Birdie would fit right in..not that I know Birdie, but I know you have a big heart and that is what makes it work. A GREYT big CONGRATS to you all.

    ReplyDelete