Friday, January 19, 2007

It has been a busy week with the dogs this week. Janelle was spayed yesterday. Turns out she was in season so her spay was a little tougher. I requested extra pain meds for her to help her. By bedtime she looked reasonably awake and comfortable. Janelle has really pretty eyes...big roundish pools you can almost drowned in. She is very sweet. Rebecca is going to have a heck of a time fostering her. I can't imagine not falling head over heels in love with Janelle.

This morning I had to finish up the vetting. I gave DHLPP (the combo shot) to the 4 dogs who needed it and wormed all 5 foster greyhounds. I offered breakfast to Mission and Janelle, since she only got a small dinner after her surgery. Then I had to come in and get the paperwork ready. Around noon I went out and turned greyhounds into the paddocks so when Tripps came to get them the dogs would be ready for a nap. I gave Janelle a dose of pain killer for her trip. Tripps just left with the dogs. They will drop them off in Missoula and Vicki and Cliff with do the bulk of the transport arriving in Billings late tonight. Mission will at last be in the arms of his new family. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know Mission's new family, but if he's an "only child" maybe they'd consider Waldo too? That sweet Waldo is so going to miss "big brother" Mission!

    I'm telling you, Joni, I honest to goodness can promise you that I will never EVER be a potential foster mommy... I almost can't stand drooling over all these available pups, and that's just from the pictures on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete