Friday, January 12, 2007

The word for the day is COLD!!!!!! With temps dipping way down into the single digits the poor pups barely got any real play time. I did put them out for a hour a couple of times....which is probably about 58 minutes longer than they wanted to be out. But the skinny hairless types were bundled up and they were moving around. I Watch them and when they stop moving and stand by the gate I go bring them in. Me on the other hand I am fighting with frozen buckets, frozen hands and frozen lungs. When it is this cold everything is so much more complicated. Dogs need extra water when it is this cold. When I put dogs in the paddocks I like to give them warm water. They are more willing to drink it...ice water when it is this cold isn't great for anyone.

Carol is busy preparing for the arrival of the new dogs. I will be away for the week end. I hate to miss out on the fun of meeting the new dogs immediately. But there are some perks to being away. With any luck the dogs will be bathed and flea-less before I meet them.

I have been getting wonderful updates on all the dogs who were placed in Dec. Sounds like they are all doing wonderful. HURRAY!!! Julie reports that Babe didn't want her coat put on...turns out she had gotten a little zap due to static. Of course washing everything with fabric softener is a good idea but another quick fix is to rub a dab of hair conditioner on your hands then rub it into your dog's coat.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the tip on hair conditioner rubbed onto hounds coat to control static electricity. I'll pass that on to Mary, today. Stay warm. Great Falls is below zero. the boys stay outside only for minutes. they just go out more frequently. Can't blame them. Good luck settling in the new hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrr, somebody whisk me away to Florida puh-leeeez! My pups are getting stir crazy (along with mom), and I'm reminded of the days when it would take 20 minutes to bundle up my daughters to go outside to play...only to have them back at the door to come in 10 minutes later!

    So excited to hear all the recent adoptees are faring well with their new humans & furry siblings... and sure hope the new pups wore their winter parkas for the trip to Ice Country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to share with everyone our Meet and Greet at Petco today in Great Falls. it went very well. Update on Bebe: Mary and Babe participated in the M & G today as well as another Grey parent, Sharon, with her two beautiful kids. It was really a good turnout. We had five hounds this time. People came up to us and said they saw us in the paper and heard us on the radio...so glad people are noticing.after all, I am trying to make it DIFFICULT for people NOT to notice us...

    ReplyDelete